GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default To debadge or not to debadge?

Been tossing around the decision to debadge my truck or not. What is pushing me is that the side molding are starting to show their age. What has everyone else done? I hate to remove the moldings as they protect against dents from all those idiots who park right on top of you.
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

I debadged and de-molded the sides but left the tailgate badges. In fact, I replaced the ugly red/black plastic GMC logo with a chrome GMC logo on the lower right side of the tailgate.

I've not received any new dings but I also park in the way-out since it's easier to pull through spaces and park. Ultimately, it's a personal decision...

Master Mechanic

I say remove the badges where you feel it would look better without them. I removed my side moldings because they were textured and not painted like the ones on my old Sierra. They would look weathered whenever the truck was super clean. What other badges are you considering removing? I also removed the FlexFuel, LT badge, and the rear emblem which was later replaced with a black chevy emblem from AMI.

Im thinking the side moldings and rear 4x4 stickers.
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

Looking at the Photo Album of your Silverado, IMO By Removing the Door Trim Molding and the 4x4 Sticker's, Will give your Silverado Cleaner Look to it, with these 2-items Removed.
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 09-14-2012 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Added Infor.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Demold and remove the 4x4 stickers, but leave the badges.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

What is the best way to remove the 4x4 sticker on the side of the bed? Heat gun?
    2011 Chevy Silverado LT 4WD 25k miles
    2001 Suburban 2WD, 5.3, V8 176k miles
    1993 964
    1996 318TI

Quote Originally Posted by bazar01 View Post
    What is the best way to remove the 4x4 sticker on the side of the bed? Heat gun?
    I've done it (on a buddy's truck) with a heat gun. I have repeatedly heard hair dryers work as well.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by McClintoc View Post
    I've done it (on a buddy's truck) with a heat gun. I have repeatedly heard hair dryers work as well.
    I'll try that. Thanks.

It looks clean without stickers.
    2011 Chevy Silverado LT 4WD 25k miles
    2001 Suburban 2WD, 5.3, V8 176k miles
    1993 964
    1996 318TI

Quote Originally Posted by bazar01 View Post
    It looks clean without stickers.
    Yeah, I've always liked the no-badges look. I would have done it to my truck long ago but never knew how until a couple of years ago. I am starting to think about debadging my 2001 but am worried about the paint underneath. As in, my paint isn't faded, as far as I can tell, but it is 11.5 years old. I am wondering if there will be a difference in the paint that is under the badges, since it's hasn't been exposed to 11.5 years of sun light, compared to the rest of the truck. I don't want to take off the badges and there end up being an outline of them you can still see.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast