GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

X3 on bosch blades, had them on my 03, and the 05. probably be putting them on the 11 when they wear out.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Cool,

Thanks everyone, it seams like as far as blades go, everyone likes the bosches and everyone has had good luck with rain x. I still think the rain x messes with the rubber in the blades over time.

I won't put any rain x washer fluid in my truck though, I am not convinced that the polymers will bond with the plastic in the motor and lines over time causing pre-mature failure of the system.

I purchased rain-x wipers about 2 years ago at $22 a wiper. About 14 months later (I forgot what brand I had bought) I went into autozone because I needed wipers again for the same vehicle and told the guys behind the counter I only got a little over a year out of the "expensive" wipers they sell. They told me "wow thats good, usually wipers only last about 9 months" I was like What!?? well which ones are your good wipers? Well forgetting which ones I had bought I purchased rain-x ones again. I have about 10 months on this set now so I guess times up for another set soon.. Im gonna try the bosch wipers after reading this thread.. But will clean with alcohol to see if I can get some more life out of them. Maybe givem a shot of everclear Good topic/thread

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

The Rain-x washer fluid is just like normal wiper fluid same consistency. And now after seeing this I may try out the Bosch ones. BTW Bosch Icon are only 20.00 at Autozone just checked. The Rain-X Latitude are the same price.
    Last edited by Conlan Rose; 09-17-2012 at 08:56 PM.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

X2 on rubbing alcohol. I use the prep wipes available at local pharmacy or HBA isle. My Dad has never bought aftermarket blades and always wipes them with alcohol when he washes the car. I have had good results with the Bosch blades too.
    2006 Silverado 1500 5.3L ecsb Z71,afe pro s dry air filter, color matched tailgate handle and bezel,color matched front bow tie, led interior illumination, 5000K HID lows, Black powder coated wheels, Blacked out body side moldings, Rough Country 2.5" level/lift kit, Magnaflow muffler

Just don't go cheap, that's what always gets me. They will work just as good at the more expensive units but they break down about 4x faster, so you're going to have to change them 4x as often to be as clear as if you just spent the money in the first place. Plus, I'm not sure, but I swear that the cheapies leave a residue on the glass that's hard to get off.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

LOL, I am sure everclear would work, but there are better uses for it than cleaning wiper blades

i used rain x blades on my truck for the longest time and just recently i put on some duralast (autozone) flex blades.... ill be going back to rain x lol. and as for the treatment, i use armor all glass cleaner then use the rain x treatment and my blades last, usually, until winter tears em up.

5.7L 350| .420 Cam | Bored 0.030 | Edelbrock intake manifold | 600 Cfm Edelbrock Carburetor | Long tube headers | Shift kit | Chrome dress up kit | Flowmaster 40's exhaust | Edelbrock heads | Custom paint
    SOLD

"Don't judge a book by its cover."

HONORARY CANUCK

I've been using trico neoform beam blades since 2009 on all of my vehicles. Smooth. Quiet. Upgraded attachment (more secure yet still easy install). Wipers123 usually ships the same day and I usually get them the next day or so.
    First Time Caller, Long Time Listener, Great Topic...Love The Show
    :lol:

I use the "Trico" at Advance Auto and they are amazing, I think they are the best on the market and i even got $10 off on a special they were running.