GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Where are all the Ford pictures coming from?

I am sure it is not just me, but for some reason it looks like there are allot of ford pictures coming up on here.....

I know some people own both GM and Ford, but this is a GM site........

You mean in the ads?

Ads that are displayed on the site are different for everyone. If you spend time looking at Ford sites and searching for ford stuff, you will get a lot of Ford ads, whereas someone who searches for health food will see ads for that sort of stuff on the sites they visit. That is controlled by Google.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Nak, did you just out yourself as a potential closet Ford buyer?

I don't spend any of my time searching for Ford products but right this very moment there is an ad at the top of the page with a direct link to ford.com.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Ahh so that explains why I'm getting all the dating site advertisements!!

Privoxy works wonders for frying the ads.

Master Mechanic

Maybe Ford is sending us subliminal messages that we think we can ignore but next year we'll inadvertently buy a Ford.

As I ford owner I'll never own another one. Ever. I love my cobras but I guess after getting ran all night in the 4th mile by Chevys it's bout time I switch to the zl1
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

I posted about my anniversary on Facebook last week... All of the sudden I started getting ads for crisis and suicide hotlines! LOL! True story!
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

LOL.... Closet ford person...... right.... If I was going to leave my GM for some other car manufacturer it would be a company like Toyota who will agree to warranty everything while "I" own the vehicle...... including the transmission so I don't have to spend $3000 that should not fall apart at less than 400,000 miles.... (4L60E is a piece of crap).

But no, no Ford.... A ford would require a transmission rebuild at every 50,000.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast