GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Arnott vs Monroe

I need to replace one Monroe but it's cheaper on Ebay to purchase an Arnott kit vs the factory Monroe's.

Went with Monroe 90012 kit. Eliminates the autoride electric front shocks/rears are still air ride and comes with Ranchero resisters to fool the computer. Simple to rewire back to autoride as well so great system.

Dollar amount was driving factor 145 for all shocks vs 335 each for oem Gabriel's and 350 for Arnott fronts.

I looked into the arnott shocks. They are actually bilstein shocks in the arnott packaging. I do not have auto ride so I was able to just go with the basic shocks in the front. Good info on the monroe kit

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)