GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Another power seat question

I have an 05 yukon xl. The driverseat forward/ backward controls work in reverse. If I push it forward it goes backward, pushed backward goes forward. The up and down and other controls work as they should. Any ideas?

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Considering that the plugs are only meant to be connected one way (i.e. supposedly idiot-proof), that's really weird! That almost smacks of the pins in one of the plugs being reversed?

I will have to dig out a diagram and give it a check. I never even thought of that. I was thinking a possible ground issue. Well, even if there is another cause, switching the 2 wires should solve it. Thanks @SurrealOne

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Let us know what you find/do!

I am looking for aftermarket OEM fit power seat adjusters if anyone knows a company that makes them and they do not cost $819

Jr. Engineer

Hey Pikey, I have an 04 Yukon XL that does the same thing. Maybe designed that way.

My 03 worked the correct way

1995 Silverado 4x4

2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Or maybe the same stoner dude at the plant assembled both of your 04's seats?

Jr. Engineer

Mine's made in Mexico.That explains it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighornkid View Post
    Mine's made in Mexico.That explains it.