GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2012 silverado remote start

Can anyone explain to me if my truck has AP8 and i have remotes and i have access to Tis can i program my own? And what is the procedure? Dealer says i need 250.00 kit including transmitter. but i have the remote start capable transmitter and two remotes. What am i paying for?

Quote Originally Posted by tonkarepo View Post
    Can anyone explain to me if my truck has AP8 and i have remotes and i have access to Tis can i program my own? And what is the procedure? Dealer says i need 250.00 kit including transmitter. but i have the remote start capable transmitter and two remotes. What am i paying for?
    In the below Link.....Reply #12.....has All of the information, regarding your questions on the Factory Remote Start for your 2012" Silverado,

Link,
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...#axzz26q3xTlKM

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Yes i read that but i was asking specific instructions on how to program if i have tis to web and can program my own truck. And i have used module with remotes.

Quote Originally Posted by tonkarepo View Post
    Yes i read that but i was asking specific instructions on how to program if i have tis to web and can program my own truck. And i have used module with remotes.
    The Programming of the Factory Remote Start Can Only Be Done By A G.M./Chevy Dealer, for the Following Reason,

The Factory Remote Start Kit includes Two Remote Fobs and an Unlock Authorization Security Code that's Included in the Starter Kit, that the Dealer needs when they call G.M.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

if i were to remove remote door lock module out of a wreck that has remote start can dealer program that one i have remotes as well. I have read that the authorization is retrieved from serial number on module. Is this true? I would love to use this used module rather then buy a new one.