GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Default GM, Chevy show off new models to dealers in Las Vegas

Chevy Dealers Happy With 2013 and 2014 Vehicles At National Meeting In Las Vegas
    According to a recent article in Detroit News, General Motors Co. and Chevrolet executives met with thousands of dealer representative in Las Vegas, Nevada last week, and showed a variety of new 2013 and 2014 models Read more...

September 13, 2012 at 8:32 pm
    GM, Chevy show off new models to dealers in Las Vegas

General Motors Co. and Chevrolet executives were in Las Vegas on Thursday to show off new 2013 and 2014 models to thousands of dealers representatives, including the much-anticipated all-new 2014 Chevy Silverado, 2014 Tahoe, 2014 Suburban and 2014 SS performance sedan.
    Chevy dealers at the national dealers meeting, which is held every other year, saw many new vehicles that the media and public have yet to see. Dealers from another region also saw the same lineup — many are vehicles that will hit their lots in 2013 — on Tuesday.
    Dealer attitudes leaving the meeting were high and the lineup shown makes them even more confident in the Chevy brand, which is out to win in every segment in which it competes, said Jason Brickl, president of Ballweg Chevrolet in Middleton, Wis., who attended Thursday's meeting.
    "(The vehicles) exceeded my expectations in not just exterior design but the execution of the interior design and our ability to deliver world-class technology," said Brickl, also co-chairman of the GM dealer executive board. "Our best months and years are ahead of us with what I saw today."
    The automaker was equally optimistic.
    "2013 will be an amazing year for Chevrolet with 13 new or significantly updated vehicles, so we had a lot to show our dealers," Chevrolet spokesman Mike Albano said Thursday in an email to The Detroit News.
    GM said Don Johnson, U.S. vice president of Chevrolet sales and service, hosted the meeting. GM North America President Mark Reuss was joined in speaking to dealers with Ed Welburn, GM vice president of global design; Alan Batey, GM vice president of U.S. sales and service; and Chris Perry, vice president of marketing for Chevrolet.
    "Dealers from all over the country are coming into Las Vegas to learn about the business … see the cars and visit with Chevrolet leadership," said GM spokesman Tom Henderson.
    Albano, who was in attendance Tuesday, said dealer reaction to the new products was like the atmosphere in a stadium during playoff baseball.
    "Everyone was extremely excited," he said. "The dealers realize they are going to have a portfolio that is very unmatched (by competitors), from trucks to sports cars to small cars."
    mburden@detnews.com
    (313) 222-2319

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz26sggXSCy
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I don't much like that front end. Too square. The center of it reminds me a whole lot of the F-150's ... but with slightly less plastic.

I don't exactly like that look either. I will say it is somewhat of an improvement of the current model, but not much. It looks like it was designed by a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by nakranij View Post
    It looks like it was designed by a guy.
    Most vehicles ... are.

The picture above is the ZR2 concept from SEMA 09. I highly doubt that the new model will look like that.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Quote Originally Posted by 2k8z71 View Post
    The picture above is the ZR2 concept from SEMA 09. I highly doubt that the new model will look like that.

This is true...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by 2k8z71 View Post
    Let's hope not...

I like new (concept) look, even though it does remind me of Ford's SuperDuty front ends.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!