GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

That is a good question. My 02 2 wheel drive used a rack and pinion. My dads avalanche has a gear box. I guess @SurrealOne can tell us if he has a gear box or not as he has a truck.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Jr. Apprentice

@Pikey that new one you got with the 4 bolts, do you happen to know the brand of it or where I could get it? All the ones I come across seem to be 3 bolt remanufactured. Or if they are 4 bolt then it calls for the off road package or the luxury package and I have neither. Just standard 4x4 package on mine. Unless the 4 bolt fits either way and doesn't matter then no big deal maybe??

The warranty company got it at autozone. The 3 bolt reman should be fine as the valve should be replaved during the reman process. I will try to post more about it tonight.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I checked mine and it looks like it's a 680, as it has 4 bolts. So much for the 670 being the cause of the moaning during low speed left-hand turns?

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    I checked mine and it looks like it's a 680, as it has 4 bolts. So much for the 670 being the cause of the moaning during low speed left-hand turns?
    Well, my gearbox was replaced and the noise stopped!

1995 Silverado 4x4

2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Jr. Apprentice

@Pikey good to hear it fixed your problem, so youre saying that you had the 3 bolt before and you replaced it with the 4 bolt and everything works fine?

Yes, I had the 3 bolt and a 4 bolt was installed, the noise completely went away!

1995 Silverado 4x4

2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12