GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Wheels

Default Wheels

Hope this is the right place to put this but
    wanting to know if you can put 285/75/16 on a 16x7 rim
    thanks

What tires are you looking at? What does the manufacture recommend? Michelin recommends 7.9-9" width for that size. Will they fit? Yes. It may bulge in the center and might look a little funny. I am sure guys do it all the time. I would not. I had a set of 35x16.5x15 on 15x9 rims. they bulged in the center, wore the tread down rather quickly in the middle. I switched to a 15x12 rim and they looked wider, wore evenly, rode better, and looked nicer.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Default Rims

[QUOTE=Pikey;508498]What tires are you looking at? What does the manufacture recommend? Michelin recommends 7.9-9" width for that size. Will they fit? Yes. It may bulge in the center and might look a little funny. I am sure guys do it all the time. I would not. I had a set of 35x16.5x15 on 15x9 rims. they bulged in the center, wore the tread down rather quickly in the middle. I switched to a 15x12 rim and they looked wider, wore evenly, rode better, and looked nicer.[/QUOT

Thanksguess I need wider rims

I'll second staying within parameters that the tire manufacturer stipulates. If in doubt, check the manufacturer's site to determine what wheel width is needed...