GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Discount Tire Mansfield Texas - first DTC fail

I've been going to Discount Tire for years, but I guess they're franchising differently now? Not sure. I took a tire and wheel in to be mounted on Saturday around 1 or 2 ... the guy said he was going to call me when it was done. Well, I waited and waited ... it turned about 4:45 and I called up there an no answer. They closed at 5:00. Guess a 45 minute repair got pushed back so I'll hopefully get it on Monday AM. Just wish he would have called ... kinda need that tire.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

It never siezes to amaze me the things business owners do or do not do while conducting their business. I walk in businesses all the time and find myself thinking about what would make this business better, what the current business owner is doing that either helps or hinders his business. I find that almost 50% of businesses have an attention to detail problem. Or the business owner has no idea what customers really want or are looking for. In this situation every customer that walks in the door deserves straight answers. If you can get the tire done that day say so. If something comes up then call the customer. They are what makes the business. If you pee in one mans cheerios you pee in 5 more. Word of mouth goes along way. I once heard a business owner that bought a tool rental business ask my boss after having the business for 2 years if he thought he should do an inventory and how to go about it. HUHH?? Are you kidding me. How did this guy convince a bank to give him money if he had no idea on inventory? Must be he bought it outright but geez. Sorry for the rant but times are too hard for poor business decisions like this. And its as simple as making a phone call.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

when I was looking at new tires I went there first (local office) and I was so turned off by the "sweat shop" you are in and out so fast wonder if they really checked everything that I will never go to them again. I am sure their employee's are happy because they get barked at by the shift manager that they are working to slow and they can't take their time with customers and have a line out the door.

It could be that discount tire has changed how thy operate, i don't know ... just speculating.

I called them today and they had to hunt to find it. One was on a bent rim and they didn't return that to me. I could have got $5 for scrap for that but don't wasn't to ness with it ... just lack of attention to detail ... dead on.

Im pretty sure your right Steve my buddy just left discount tire and moved to a private shop I know they switched to crappy oil products
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

I know this response is really late, but yes i can tell you we are constantly yelled at to work faster and faster and obviously as you can expect quality can suffer if you want the people out faster too.

its like we're never fast enough for our manager... even when only one car is in the shop
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR
    HELLA LED taillights and 3rd brakelight
    HELLA FF-75 Aux. Reverse Lamps
    RIGID dually D2, flush mount, wide beam
    Accessories:
    Hawk HPS Brake pads
    Russell braided steel brake lines
    Powerstop-red powdercoated brake calipers
    Powerslot Cryo brake rotors
    EGR in-channel window visors

Quote Originally Posted by reggiecab2000 View Post
    I know this response is really late, but yes i can tell you we are constantly yelled at to work faster and faster and obviously as you can expect quality can suffer if you want the people out faster too.

its like we're never fast enough for our manager... even when only one car is in the shop
    i have friends who started in tire shops and anytime one of them got in a shop like that they left ASAPASAP