Hi guys,

Well it's been a while since my last post, but I have been under the hood almost every weekend cleaning and changing parts. The stuttering problem seems to have been resolved when I changed out the idler pully. I noticed the old one wasn't sitting in the right spot and kept slipping. Since the new one has been on there haven't been any more "stuttering" issues, but now I have encountered something new.

Background:
Along with the idler pully, I also replaced the tensioner pulley by the water pump. (I think that belt goes from the water pump to the A/C compressor? Am I correct?) I also put a new cover on my after market K&N air filter (it looks like a cone). The cover is completely open on the side where the air flows in, about 4" from the inside of the fender, and has about 1/2" room around the filter itself before it meets the MAF on the other side. I have new plugs and wires and a new fuel filter. I have run numerous bottles of fuel injector cleaner through the tank and a bottle of sludge cleaner mixed in with the oil.

Now, all that being said, I really don't think that what I have done so far would have created my current problem, but as I have stated before I am new to this and I haven't been under the hood this much in a long time.

The current problems:
1) I have a very hard shift from first to second gear when I push the truck to accelerate. If I baby the gas then it shifts normally. If I'm pulling in to traffic and need to accelerate quickly, the truck litterally jumps when it shifts from 1st to second. After that it shifts into higher gears smoothly, but is very sluggish and seems to be over reving to get into 3rd and 4th, shifting around 2000-2500rpm regardless of whether I am trying to accelerate quickly or slowly.
2) While I'm driving at a constant speed, probably between 40-50 mph, it starts to lope (if that is the correct term). It feels like it is losing power and then recovers very quickly. I think it may be starving for fuel?

Additional Info:
I have checked the pressure by pushing the nozzle thing on the engine block and it sprays like it has plenty of pressure. Is there something that I can use to determine what the actual pressure is? What is it supposed to be?

I look forward to your responses, thanks for the help!