GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Nitto vs BF Goodrich ~ Tire Comparison

Alright guys I am do for some new tires and have only ever had Cooper STT mud tires on my truck I am tired of the road noise, ride and especially the price so I need some advice on a all terrain tire. I have narrowed it down between the Nitto Terra Grappler and the BF Goodrich All Terrain TA KO. Thanks in advance for the help fellas.

I don't buy BF Goodrich because the tire portion of the Goodrich business was sold to Michelin in 1988 ... and Michelin is a French-owned company. The French stand against the U.S.A. at the U.N. table so much I elect not to put money in their pockets any time I have a choice.

By comparison, Nitto is owned by Toyo ... and Toyo is a Japanese company. They're strongly allied with us, so I reward them monetarily. (I'm running Trail Grapplers on my truck.)

That may not have been the kind of input you were after, but it's input that may prove useful to you depending on your level of patriotism and whether or not you vote with your wallet based on it. When I get down to similar products and can't decide, I tend to take this kind of perspective to help me decide.

Enjoy!

I never knew that about Goodrich, but I sure as hell appreciate you informing of it. You have officially made up my mind. Thanks for the information and your time.

I LOVED my Nitto Terra Grapplers on my last truck before i sold it!...new truck came with BF Goodrich AT KO's and i do like the look of them ALOT and have only 2k on them...so my choice is NITTO!

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab "All-Star Edition"

Line-X'd Bed
    Line-X'd Custom Brush Guard(Heavy Duty)
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    Factory Black Running Boards
    BF Goodrich All-Terrain KO's(265/65R18)
    2" Rough Country Leveling Kit
    EGR In-Channel Vent Visors
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package
    K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    Bowtie Mud Flaps
    Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Black Bowties
    DeeZee Toolbox(Debadged)
    Diablo Sport Predator(AFM Disabled)
    ProFlaps
    Towing Mirrors
    Next Planned Mods
    Bigger Tires
    Aftermarket Rims

Quote Originally Posted by Country270 View Post
    I never knew that about Goodrich, but I sure as hell appreciate you informing of it. You have officially made up my mind. Thanks for the information and your time.
    I'm glad you found it useful. I look forward to hearing how you like your Terra Grapplers, since I considered those and the Trail Grapplers ... and had enough off-roading needs to slant me toward the Trails instead of the Terras. I'm looking forward to some pics, too!

both are good tires, but i will never put a set of bfg ta kos on my truck, no matter how many good things i hear about them... I just hate how they look and personally find nothing appealing about them especially the outrageous price they desire... now that being said, i am currently running terra grapplers and i am LOVING them! already had some people come in to my work to get new sets and ive asked them how much theyve gotten out of their set and have heard at least 3 people saying they got at least 60,000 miles on them Im looking forward to my tires performing great and lasting a long time! they are wearing amazingly right now and the only slight bit of road noise i get is simply because they are 305's, any all terrain tire that fat and bigger is gonna have some noise. but nothing near a mud terrain howl. go for terras, you wont regret. unless your just a mudslinger, go for MT.
    best of luck!
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR
    HELLA LED taillights and 3rd brakelight
    HELLA FF-75 Aux. Reverse Lamps
    RIGID dually D2, flush mount, wide beam
    Accessories:
    Hawk HPS Brake pads
    Russell braided steel brake lines
    Powerstop-red powdercoated brake calipers
    Powerslot Cryo brake rotors
    EGR in-channel window visors

I use nittos a lot on my street and track cars but I stick to my cooper stt on my truck,because I have yet to find a tire that looks and performs as well as they do while I get 50k plus out of them and only pay 800 dollars. But you are right they are loud but I can't hear them when I'm on the gas
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod