GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 1990 Suburban 5.7 l EFI, stalls when shifted to drive and rev.

This might be one of those "since yous". Since I had to replace a bad ignition coil, I also replaced the ignition module, dist. cap and rotor, wires and plugs. Set the timing to 0 deg TDC as prescribed,but the truck stalls when shifted to Drive or Rev. Tried advancing the timing slightly, but no help. It has never done this before and I think I may have disturbed something to cause this. Also noticed a chattering of the injectors that I do not believe was there before. inspected vacuum lines, but saw nothing apparent. Any Ideas?

Are you getting any check engine light? Does it run smooth before you put it in gear?

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

no lite. I disconnected the idle air sensor while it was running, no difference. shut it off read the sensor with a meter, it was good. pulled it and sprayed the inlet, re installed, but left it unplugged. it started and had a high idle, but went into drive and rev with no stall. drove it, no stall. I haven't plugged the sensor back in to see if it reverts back to being stupid,ing and it is running,, any ideas?