GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Post Replacing turn signal switch 94 silverado

I removed the old turn signal switch, one of the return springs for left ts broken. My problem now is the correct re-assembly. The cam lobe part made into the contact ring for the horn is a question. Actually I need a blown up diagram of assembly to get this thing back together in the right sequnce. I have books and info, but nothing gives me a real clear picture of assembly order. Anybody out there got any suggestions I would appreciate very much. I realize you can reason out most of this, but just want to be sure.

dave 210

OK GUYS, I DID SOME SEARCHING ON THREADS LOOKING FOR RESPONSES TO QUESTIONS LIKE MINE AND SAW A LOT OF READS, BUT NO ANS. SO THOUGHT I WOULD TRY ONE MORE TIME-DOES ANYBODY KNOW OR CAN YOU GIVE ME A SITE WHERE I CAN GET A GOOD BLOW UP DETAIL VIEW OF A 94 CHEVY TRUCK TURN SIGNAL SWITCH AND CANCEL CAM REPLACEMENT DIAGRAM? DON'T REALLY NEED THE MULTI FUNCTION SWITCH, IT IS OK BUT I AM SURE IT WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE VIEW.

Hi There try this link if this doesn't work for u let me know I have the Factory service manual Good Luck

If it's the old style, the switch goes in first (don't forget to connect the arm that attaches the turn signal lever). The coil spring needs to be on the shaft, on top of the bearing cup inside the t/s switch. Then comes the cancel cam/horn contact ring. Next is the lock plate, held down by the snap ring. Then you install the horn contact wire into the socket, turning the plastic collar a quarter turn to lock it in. Install the wheel and horn button and you're good to go!
    Good Luck and God Bless
    Remember that if you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem!