GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Cleaned the throttle body and now i have problems

I have a 2004 Trailblazer that has been a good vehicle, but it got to running rough. I checked the we and everything said that I need to clean the Throttle body, so I did, using throttle body cleaner, with the throttle body off the vehicle. I put it back on, it runs smoother, but will not rev up, can only get about 3500 rpm....wide open. It also will not go into any gear now, so it will not move. All the gauges are at 0 or all way to left. Check gauges light along with other lights are on in cluster. The battery was weak , so i replaced it also. It sat a week while i was out of town and the battery was dead when I got back. I don't think that it was anything that i did. The gauges was acting up prior to cleaning the throttle body. But I don't know what it could be causing the no rev on engine and no transmission. Does anyone have any ideas....i am out of ideas....HELP PLEASE!!

It sounds like something was missed when the throttle body was reinstalled. I would double check all the connections.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    It sounds like something was missed when the throttle body was reinstalled. I would double check all the connections.

I have already checked that several times.....I just don't understand why it acts like the tranny is gone....i guess it could be a coincidence that the tranny died at same time as I was cleaning throttle....idk

There seems to be a sensor that has gone out. Which one? I don't know. I saw that because it would be odd for the tranny to go out at the same time. I wish I could be of more help.

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    There seems to be a sensor that has gone out. Which one? I don't know. I saw that because it would be odd for the tranny to go out at the same time. I wish I could be of more help.

I agree with you...but I have no idea what sensor might control the tranny...

Throttle position sensor. It controls engine speed and gives the computer the data it needs to downshift. Maybe you soaked it with cleaner and it shorted... or maybe it got knocked and either broke or is not in alignment... Maybe it isn't plugged all the way in... I don't think that a TPS (or any other sensor) would keep the transmission from going into gear altogether, tho.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)