GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Transmission will not engage

I have a 2004 Trailblazer that has been a good vehicle, but it got to running rough. I checked the we and everything said that I need to clean the Throttle body, so I did, using throttle body cleaner, with the throttle body off the vehicle. I put it back on, it runs smoother, but will not rev up, can only get about 3500 rpm....wide open. It also will not go into any gear now, so it will not move. All the gauges are at 0 or all way to left. Check gauges light along with other lights are on in cluster. The battery was weak , so i replaced it also. It sat a week while i was out of town and the battery was dead when I got back. I don't think that it was anything that i did. The gauges was acting up prior to cleaning the throttle body. But I don't know what it could be causing the no rev on engine and no transmission. Does anyone have any ideas....i am out of ideas....HELP PLEASE!!

If the engine light in on I would pull the codes and see what they tell you. I believe that you can rent a scanner from a parts store. Was there a gasket under the trottle body when you pulled it? Did you replace the gasket?

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

i believe but i am not certin that the pcm must re-recogonize the tb. there is a specific gm procedure that must be followed.