GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Any ideas, I'm lost

I have a 2004 Trailblazer that has been a good vehicle, but it got to running rough. I checked the we and everything said that I need to clean the Throttle body, so I did, using throttle body cleaner, with the throttle body off the vehicle. I put it back on, it runs smoother, but will not rev up, can only get about 3500 rpm....wide open. It also will not go into any gear now, so it will not move. All the gauges are at 0 or all way to left. Check gauges light along with other lights are on in cluster. The battery was weak , so i replaced it also. It sat a week while i was out of town and the battery was dead when I got back. I don't think that it was anything that i did. The gauges was acting up prior to cleaning the throttle body. But I don't know what it could be causing the no rev on engine and no transmission. Does anyone have any ideas....i am out of ideas....HELP PLEASE!!

Ok, first welcome to the GMTC. Second you really only needed to start one thread 3 makes it seem like you are spamming the site.

Third, you must be throwing codes you need to read those codes to give you information on what is wrong, also what motor do you have and has this been a progression to being this bad. Btw check you throttle body sensors you may have connected them wrong or damaged them well cleaning.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Sounds like throttle body or MAF sensors...
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

Sorry for too many post. It is wife's truck, she said it was running rough and gauges not working .So I cleaned the throttle, it runs better, just will not move and kills battery. The sensors were not exposed to anything while cleaning, i had the throttle in my hand when I cleaned it. I do not have a scanner so I do not know if it has a code.

Could also be an issue with your cat converter... How many miles do you have on it?

You can borrow them from auto parts stores like Autozone, but sense this may become a major project you should just buy one they aren't too expensive. But seriously are all the warning lights on because the problem may be computer based.

The yellow check engine light will be on if there are any codes.

Your problem can stem from a lot of areas, most will throw a code.

One thing that will cause an engine to run with little power is a clogged cat (exhaust gas can not get out).

Let us know if there are any codes.

Edit: I see TimTom beat me to the cat suggestion.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Limited engine speed can also come from a clogged up fuel filter. The gauges are probably a bad ground or a broken/shorted wire. the computer may also be cooked since it is having all of those problems.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Quote Originally Posted by TimTom64b View Post
    Could also be an issue with your cat converter... How many miles do you have on it?

The truck has 120,000 miles on it.

My gut feeling is leaning toward the MAF sensor... Recommended replacement is around 50k miles. My son who is driving my old pickup was having very similar issues as you... Kept getting worse and worse. Had know power... and gotten so bad would not rev above 2500 rpm when under load. Anyway, We replaced the o2 sensors, fuel filter, plugs and still no luck. I then had one last ditch effort and replaced the MAF sensor.. bingo we were good to go. His truck was around 120k also.