GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Change middle seating in 01 Suburban?

How hard is it to change the middle row bench to 2 captain's chairs? Would be as simple as unbolting the bench and bolting in the chairs, or would drilling be required?
    Andrew
    Grand Forks AFB, ND

2001 Chevy Suburban LT K1500 V8 5.3L 4x4
    - 16" Goodyear Wrangler Fortera tires
    - K&N air filter

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sgt_in_usaf View Post
    How hard is it to change the middle row bench to 2 captain's chairs? Would be as simple as unbolting the bench and bolting in the chairs, or would drilling be required?
    That's a good question. My wife has the quad seating (2nd row captains chairs) and if you would like, I will measure the bolt patern for the seats so you can compare it with yours.
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Thanks!!!!! My guess is I'd have to drill...which scares me to death there's no way I could do that myself and it would probably cost a lot in some shop to install.

Let me know what yours is.

Thanks again!!!

well first off...GO BUCKEYES!!!

second i have family in ohio and visit a few times a year so if you don't fell comfortable with doing it lmk and we can work something out next time i'm in ohio

-dave

Sorry, not a Buckeye fan! Go Michigan State!!! Thanks for the offer. With the other things I want to do first, it might be a little while if I'm going to have to do stuff like drill. If it's a simple bolt off, bolt on, then I could probably get the seats reasonable fast depending on cost. I'll keep you in mind!

Quote Originally Posted by sgt_in_usaf View Post
    Hi Sarge.

Let me just say that I think your'e on the right track. I just bought a '03 Burb and spent some 3 hours trying out different cars with either 2:nd row sofa or captains seats. My initial choice was for the sofa setup, but after some time (loooong time) I started to lean towards the captains seat layout. I went for that and in retrospect I'm sooooo glad I did. It's perfect if you can live with just 7 seats!
    Peter
    Sweden
    2005 Tahoe LT

A while back I bought a wrecked 96 Regency conversion Suburban for parts I sold the interior to a friend of mine for his 99 Suburban. The conversion had 6 leather bucket seats, the middle and rear seats and center consoles fit with no drilling, the front seats needed 1 whole drilled on the front inside corner to fit.
    Most conversions (which is where you'll usually find center row bucket seats) are bolt in.
    Get out your tape measure and measure the hole spacing and their position on the floor pan. When you find a set of buckets that match you can compare the measurements.