GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: New Z71

Default New Z71

Just traded in my 2005 Silverado Z71 for a 2012 Silverado Z71. Black on Black LTZ package. Picking it up Thursday and i couldnt be any more excited. Any ideas on how to keep the black shinning? Pics will be uploaded later this week

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Sounds sweet to me.. Did you get the 0% for 72?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

yea I did. That was the first thing I asked about. I work with a guy use to rub a Ford Dealership in Florida. I have been talking to him a lot about buying a new truck. He said always buy something new when its 0%. And never let them charge you to much on the doc fee which is what the dealership charges you for getting the truck shipped to there lot. Some charge and some don't. Its fully loaded excluding the navigation. I didn't want to pay $2500 for navigation.

Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty87 View Post
    Just traded in my 2005 Silverado Z71 for a 2012 Silverado Z71. Black on Black LTZ package. Picking it up Thursday and i couldnt be any more excited. Any ideas on how to keep the black shinning? Pics will be uploaded later this week
    Congrats on the '12!! I love mine.

Adam's Polishing products. 2 or 3 bucket wash for sure with a black truck.
    2012 Chevrolet Silverado RCSB WT 2WD 1SA
    4.8 | G80 | 3.23 | Convenience Package | Z82 | Z85 | B30 | Victory Red

Thanks. A lot of my friends have been telling me not to get a black truck, but i knew i wouldn't be happy with any other color. Cant beat the black.

Sr. Apprentice

Black in my opinion is the best colour when clean. But the worst to maintain and keep clean! Shows every little swirl and mark.

My last truck was black, couldn't get another black vehicle though. Drove me nuts trying to maintain it.

I get to drive my work car to and from work so that's going to save gas and mileage on my truck. I'll only drive a couple days out the week. I also have 1997 Chevy work truck that i drive around town that's going to save mileage on my new truck.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I'll brake it in for ya...... Black has to be taken care of from day 1...

My buddy bought a new black mustang and he's the Adams supplies. He recommended as well. I get some try it out

Best polish I've ever used (and I've tried them all) is Zaino. You get it on line. A it pricey but you won't be disappointed.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by