GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: Window

Exclamation Window

Ok, so my driver side window just randomly stopped working luckily its stuck in the up position, but it kinda sucks after school when its hot and I can't roll it down. It randomly didn't work yesterday, but I fixed it but trying to slide it a bit and it reengaged. No problem until this afternoon after a meet it did it again, but now wont reengage at all.

I feel the toggle clicking trying to make it go down, but notta. I don't wanna keep trying and burn out the motor.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

So window was totally working this morning.. its taunting me.

I would start by testing the switch with a test light.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I would start by testing the switch with a test light.
    Well it started working again and worked when I went out to lunch. If it stops working again I'll be worried and bring out the multimeter and test light.

Bad connection to the switch? Regulator seizing up? Motor on its way out? frayed regulator cable?
    00 Chevy Tahoe LT, 5.3 4x4

I think it might be the regulator because that window goes down almost twice as fast as my other 3. I'm just dreading the fix because I will have to take the door panel off and I don't want to break any more of those plastic clips.

I just posted this video in another thread for someone... Maybe do it in the order this guy does it will help?

That's pretty much how I did it last time when I had to replace my drivers side handle. Currently the bottom three plastic clips are broken after 17 years they're really brittle. But might just pop off the controller for easy access to test that when I did it last time I only removed the bolts and partially removed the panel so I could access what I needed.

The issue has popped up again. Memorial day weekend I plan to really dive in to the problem. This time it has totally stopped working. There is no reason for it to do this the window usually works perfect. All the other windows work perfect.

Happened to mine, cable got caught up and snapped.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by