1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

00 Silverado with code p1416???

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by jayfire, Mar 21, 2010.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. jayfire

jayfire New Member

My truck threw a code yesterday of p1416, which I looked up as (Port Air Circuit Malfunction/ (AIR) System Bank 2) or secondary air pump. I know where the pump is and where the check valve is, but what is Bank 2? Anyone have this before, and know how to fix it? Thanks

2. jayfire

jayfire New Member

BUMP! To the Top

3. skier

skier New Member

I've got that same code, mine said

P1416
    Mfgr controled aux emission controls

And that seems pretty generic... No idea yet what do do about it. Did you ever hear anything back from anyone?

-Mike

4. jayfire

jayfire New Member

Nope! No help from anyone. I still have the code. I keep reseting it and it comes back in a couple days. I think it has something to do with the secondary air injection system on the passenger side. I am going to take of the check valve and replace it and see if that fixes the problem.

5. skier

skier New Member

Okay... If you (or anyone else) figure it out, be sure to post the solutions, and I'll do likewise. :)

-Mike