1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

01 GMC 3/4 HD, LB7 w/ Allison 4x4... lookin for some suggestions!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 08_rado_rocker, May 22, 2012.

1. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Holy hell you have some work. Yeah I'd say replace everything that has to do with suspension and steering. I'd also look into a biohazard cleanup company to clean the inside :lol: I bet she'll look good when you're done.
  2. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

HAHAHAHAHA!! I thought the same thing.. I think I'm gonna tear all of the inside out.. buy a couple gallons of simple green, a pre-fab replacement carpet and headliner, some dynamat, and either some new seats.. or just have the old ones re-done on the inside of it. Hopefully it will clean up well.
  3. 08_rado_rocker

As a matter of fact.. anybody know of a good reliable place to get replacement carpets?
  4. rileyjr16

LMC truck has the pre fabbed type I think. Would have to look.
  5. rileyjr16

6. 08_rado_rocker

7. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Whew, seems like you have a lot of work coming your way. I to live in Texas and know exactly what you mean by our inspection test, they don't play around here but I don't go about the most legal way for everything either but hey you do what you have to do.

Was this a daily driver for the original owner? What on the world did they do to her, looks like shes been killed 5 times and then revived once again. I hope your her final "forever home" and take care Of her as she should have from the very beginning!

I'm not exactly sure where you are in Texas, if your close to Dallas I think I may know a place that would clean out that whole truck, they specialize in full "deep" cleans and I'm sure your would't be a problem. Although if your getting replacement carpet then Id imagine you don't want to worry about it?

Good luck with everything and keep us updates with pictures from the old and new truck. Have fun!
  8. 08_rado_rocker

West Texas here.. about 4 hours west of you on 20.

Definitely just going to replace the carpets and get all the seats redone... IT IS BAD!

As far as what the truck was used for, I'm sure it was a multitude of random crap including but not limited to use on a ranch. It came from Hobbs, NM.. which is an area notorious for its crappy vehicles IMO.

There will be updates on here as they come, but my line of work usually only leaves me about 4 days every 6-7 weeks to myself, so they are slow.. but sure.
  9. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Wow, we have a family farm but I can promise you that none of our vehicles look like that.. Lol! I just don't understand how someone can mistreat a vehicle like that. It's sad and they should not be allowed to purchase another car, especially not a truck! I feel bad for the next truck they purchase. Good luck with your new project!
  10. rileyjr16

Any picture updates?