Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

01 GMC 3/4 HD, LB7 w/ Allison 4x4... lookin for some suggestions!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 08_rado_rocker, May 22, 2012.

1. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Yeah.. younger single father as well.. but still no excuse.

Man to be honest I haven't done anything but start the truck since the day it got parked. I was planning on gettin started on it this past week when i took days off... but my buddy crushed both of his feet at work and is confined to a wheelchair (the truck is at his house, which is also where i would have worked on it) and my cousin got t-boned by a teenager running a red light while riding his bike in town. All of that, on top of Billy not being able to use his legs kept me from asking too much of anyone. Decided to stick around and help out his girlfriendwifethingy instead with some of the things he'd not be able to do.

HOWEVER>>> I did order $1108 worth of parts last night including the correct springs, shocks, and camber alignment kit to fix Truck Norris. DID order the replacement carpet for Trina (yes she now has a name haha), as well as the replacement grille, MBRP exhaust, smoked lens headlights turnsignals cab lights 3rd brake light, and 36 sq ft of Dynamat to lay underneath the new carpet.

2. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Lol "girlfriendwifethingy", too funny. Anyways time will come as needed. Sorry to hear about all the bad. Hopefully things will look up for you! Excited to see all the new parts!

3. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

That Dynomat is some good stuff. Had some under my 97 Chevy carpet.

4. 08_rado_rocker

I plan on doing the headliner, floor, back wall, and doors with it. seeing as it's older, hoping that itll lessen the road noise and air leaks haha.

5. rileyjr16

Haha yep actually kept my old truck purty quiet. When I re do my truck, I'm gonna swap out headliners for a newer one 03+ since I have the overhead console for a 03+ and put some on the roof and the insulation under the carpet. Wanna find a center console from a 04+ and stick it in there too since its a little bit nicer looking. But that will have to wait for a while

6. 08_rado_rocker

Any idea if that LMC place has headliners as well? I know damn well that the headliner is gonna be a smelly SOB, not for sure on how i can fix that though.

7. rileyjr16

I don't think they do but don't quote me on that. Best bet would probably be a automotive upholstery shop and they can make a new one out of foam and new material; I THINK.

I just wanna add some comforts and a little better styling to mine really.

03+ headliner
    Dynomat and sound dampener for the roof
    04+ center console
    Recovered and fixed seats and motors
    New carpet (maybe)
    03+ Overhead console (got one already)

And maybe some other things.

Thats on my list.

8. rileyjr16

9. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

I've thought about stripping the inside of my truck and redoing it completely. I really wanted a center console but the dealer had none in and I wasn't willing to wait.. Go figure and walked out with the truck I have now. I'm thinking about stripping everything out and finding a totaled LTZ and buying It and doing an interior swap. Interested to see how your conversion goes!