Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

01 savana starts then stalls

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by fernando, Feb 12, 2013.

1. fernando

fernando New Member

hello. i have a 2001 gmc savana and i had it parked for 5 days and when i went to try to start it, all the cluster gauges maxed out, and it just starts and stalls. the security light is not on. i had it at the dealer for 2 weeks .here is what i changed so far. fuel pump, fuel injectors, distrubutor,sparkplugs, cranksensor, upper intake gaskets,and lower intake gasket and apperently my pcm is good. i was told by the dealer that they couldnt figure it out. just wondering if any1 had issues like this.

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome To GMTC! I would hate to see your bill at the dealer right now! I don't have any ideas at the moment, I am sure someone will come along soon.

3. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Well, after we get the problem fixed, I think a "Small Claims" court procedure would be in order.

A totally incompetent approach to solving your problem.

Usually, a starts and then stalls problem is almost always fuel related.

You have a new pump (which you didn't need), but is the filter clean; is the fuel pump relay good?

As I said above, fuel is almost always the problem, the other is the ability for the engine to get rid of the exhaust. Is the exhaust clear and able to breath. Is the muffler good, how about the cat(s)?

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It would stink if you had all that replaced and an animal decided to make a nest in the exhaust pipe causing a blockage.

5. fernando

fernando New Member

I agree i wasnt happy with their service all they were doing was calling parts that were not needed. Ok soo a new fuel filter was put in by the dealer. I replaced the cat about 4 months ago. But i can disconnect pipe and try it. And i also put a new pump relay.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok i disconnected the converter and that still didnt help. Any other ideas?

6. tsbrewers

tsbrewers Member

this is a stab in the dark, but maybe an egr valve? that is a fairly typical problem with other vehicles that start and stall.

I also would not pay for those parts, or do the small claims thing. That is pretty ridiculous they are just throwing parts in.