Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

01 silverado 1500 13xtreme offroad engine question

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Monkeys214, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Monkeys214

Monkeys214 New Member

I have been told that this truck was made by special order only and that the 5.3l has a 327ci vs the other 325ci 5.3l which is a much better engine. Can anyone verify these claims? Or does anyone know of this package that can offer some insight? She has a superchip, AFE cool air and a few other tid bits as I'm still exploring whats been done, runs like a dream so not complaining either way, just good to know if this is true. Thanks everyone for reading.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Was it built by a Upfitter? ( A Pkg Co that builds trucks and cars for the dealerships at High Markups)
  3. Monkeys214

Monkeys214 New Member

I know thats a distinct possibility, although I'm not sure how to tell. I know when the DMV runs it, it shows as a base silverado 1500 LS with 4.7. (wrong engine size)
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

5. Monkeys214

Monkeys214 New Member

If you are talking about the back of the truck then no. a small oval sticker from a local used car/truck dealer but thats it

- - - Updated - - -

I am thinking it's something aftermarket more and more..although no extra decals (other than 13xtreme) to indicate a company. Just got off the phone with the local Chevrolet dealer and they had never heard of it..