01 silverado 2wd with 4.5" Rough Country lift

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by 01stepside, Sep 1, 2013.

1. 01stepside

01stepside Rockstar

First off, I want to go ahead and acknowledge my idiocy by stating that I happened to get a very large pay check this past pay day and rushed to a computer and purchased the rough country 4.5" suspension lift kit for the 2001 Chevy silverado 2wd. It cost a total of $658.85 for shipping and everything. I did not do any real research which I regret now seeing some of the post on here talking pretty bad about the RC kits. I am curious though as to how bad I messed up as far as quality and price goes. If y'all were going to buy a lift kit what kind would y'all purchase? I was looking at the 6" lift but decided against it because my truck already has a daystar 2" leveling spacers on the front and no lift on the back. I do want the front to sit slightly higher than the front, and with this kit I'm expecting 6.5" in the front with the leveling kit and 3" in the back. Opinions? Also, I was wondering if anyone has any before and after pictures of this kit or something similar, since all I could really find online were pictures of the 6" lifts. I appreciate any feedback I get and I'm sure I'll get plenty of flack for my impulsive, expensive purchase....but just had to spend it somehow lol :p