01 Silverado Stepside bedrail deformation and uplift

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by OE812, Jun 6, 2009.

1. OE812

OE812 Rockstar

PIC00001.jpg My 01 Silverado stepside has both bedrails exhibiting a deformation and is loose. 3M double sided tape was tried but to no avail. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, how did you correct?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  2. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

take them off. get some metel ones if you really want them on there. they have smooth polished aluminum, diamond plate, black powder coat, etc the metal ones wont do what your plastic one did. or just get rid of them entirely

3. OE812

OE812 Rockstar

I will go aftermarket because leaving them off will show the line where the metal bed is bolted to the fiberglas body.

4. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

you have a fiberglass body? im sure that mine is all metal, but i dont know your truck. figured they were all metal

isnt the bed bolted to the frame and not the body any way?

5. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

you could use a heat gun to lightly heat it and reshape it. just be safe to not melt it.

6. hunky

hunky Rockstar 100 Posts

If you really need them to protect the bed get genuine GM. They are better quality(thicker). I've never had a problem with them. They will shirnk and contract but won't warp or lift if properly installed.

7. OE812

OE812 Rockstar

The one on the silverado is the factory OEM and has warped and lifted...