01 venture shaking

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by bigpiper223, Nov 5, 2009.

1. bigpiper223

bigpiper223 New Member

My wife has a 01 venture and for the past month when she gets on the highway and hits about 50 mph her van starts to shake. Its not extreme but you can definitely tell there is something wrong. Any help would be great. Thanks

2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Need more info, (I know what the wives say), is it only above 50, does it stop when she pushes on the brake pedal, can she feel it in the brake pedal, is it in the front or rear. Was there recently any break or tire work done?

3. bigpiper223

bigpiper223 New Member

She said when you hit about 50 it starts to vibrate. When you let off the gas it goes away. I havent done any break work on it in quite some time.

4. bigpiper223

bigpiper223 New Member

can anyone help me?

5. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Have the balance of the tires checked and then the rotors for warping.

6. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I would start with tire balance and rotate. If I remember right from way to many years ago if the vibration starts at a speed and then comes back again at double (ie. 30 and again at 60) it is typically balance. If the brake rotors are warped you will typically just feel the vibration while braking and you will feel it in the pedal as well as can be in the steering wheel. Most tire shops do free balance and rotation if you bought the tires through them.

7. bigpiper223

bigpiper223 New Member

Yeah I didnt think it would be the rotors. I will have the tires balanced. Should i get the front and rear done or just the front?

8. bigpiper223

bigpiper223 New Member

Update: Getting 2 new front tires and balancing all tires again. Not sure if thats the problem but it needs new ones anyway