GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

02 seirra igntition swtich question

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by a.graham52, Nov 14, 2012.

1. a.graham52

a.graham52 New Member

truck:

2002 sierra, 4.3L 5spd 4x4.

does this truck have an "accessory" location on the ignition switch and also does it have RAP?

iv got a few electrical problems relatin to the cluster but have also noticed no accessory and i know my gfs 01 has RAP so i assumed this would too.
  2. redvett

redvett New Member

Work truck NO. And yes on the accessory. Turn on the ign without the engine started and the radio should play without the IP lighting up.

3. a.graham52

a.graham52 New Member

well heres the thing, stick the key in the ignition, first click "nothing", secound click "run", third turn is "crank". so just to make sure... the "nothing" SHOULD be accessory right?
  4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator

In the higher trim trucks there are a couple positions 3 forward: B: inserting key C: basic accessory D: run all accessories E: crank and one back: A: radio and windows
    key.jpg
  5. a.graham52

a.graham52 New Member

Yeah I don't think I have all those positions. I tried going back past "lock" but it wouldnt take. Guess I need to be going into the ignition switch and see if I have B+ going in and coming out for accessory