02 silverado abs problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Chad Smart, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Chad Smart

Chad Smart New Member

Hello, new to this site. I am sure you all have seen many questions on abs for silverado. I'm in the middle of diagnosing my abs problem. I have a scan tool but not sure how to read the graphing of the front sensors. I'm thinking it's the right sensor. I'm hoping the pic will come up. I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Beachbourbon

Beachbourbon Active Member 100 Posts

Are any codes coming up? (C0265)? Do you have an ABS light on?

3. Chad Smart

Chad Smart New Member

No codes and no lights. Just no brakes and abs chatters between 3 and 6 mph

4. Beachbourbon

That doesn't sound like an ABS (anti-lock brake) problem, that sounds like a no brakes problem. How did you get to the point of looking at the ABS wheel sensors after discovering you have no brakes?

5. Chad Smart

Chad Smart New Member

I have brakes until I get between 3 to 6 mph. Then my pedal goes to the floor and abs starts making noises. I pulled the fuse for abs and my brakes work fine. So that would tell me it's abs related

6. Beachbourbon

Ok, thanks...check these guys out and let them know about your specific prob. You may need the ABS control module or the entire ABS unit.

https://circuitboardmedics.com/kelsey-hayes-325-abs-module-repair-chevy/

7. xPosTech

xPosTech Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Whenever you want to post an image of something on your screen grab a screenshot instead of taking a pic with your phone. Google it if you're not sure how to do it. Wait I just realized you took a shot of your scan tool. Sorry for jumping to conclusions. My scan tool is Android based.

Your slow speed ABS problem is common for that truck era. I never did solve it on my 93 Jimmy. Scary thing is when the ABS pump kicked on it almost felt like the accelerator would go to the floor.

Ted