Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

02' Silverado, aftermarket deck won't hold presets

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by danegerous, Apr 11, 2009.

1. danegerous

danegerous New Member

Hello all, I recently replaced a sketch Panasonic deck with a new Pioneer mp3 deck. The panasonic wouldn't hold presets so I figured a new deck would solve the problems but not quite...new deck is doing the same thing. Everything works fine just after the truck is off for more then 2 minutes the stations reset. Any ideas?

Thanks for reading! :eek:uch:
  2. retired

retired Rockstar 100 Posts

No power the the constant hot wire.
  3. danegerous

danegerous New Member

Which wire would that be? The thick green one? I figured if the deck works, the constant wire should be getting juice...
  4. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Your stereo system has a 12V switched (usually yellow - i think) and a 12V constant (usually red - or these colors are vise-versa). These are the harness adapter colors - i have no idea on the trucks wiring. It only needs the switched to operate. The constant is to hold the presets. This problem should go with the clock not staying set. Check your wire color chart or whatever source you got your wire colors from and make sure that the constant power is connected. hope this helps and good luck getting it working.
  5. 04blackz71

04blackz71 Rockstar 100 Posts

you need to hook up the red and yellow wires
  6. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Agreed you didnt get the constant powered correctly its a red or yellow wire
  7. danegerous

danegerous New Member

All the wires are hooked up from the deck....would anyone happen to know what color the constant wire is from the stock harness? Thanks for all the knowledge guys, I appreciate it
  8. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Radio Constant 12V+ Wire: Orange
    Radio Ignition Switched 12V+ Wire: Class 2 Serial Data
    Radio Ground Wire: Black/White
    Radio Illumination Dimmer Wire: N/A
    Radio Antenna Trigger Wire: N/A
    Radio Amplifier Trigger Wire: Pink
    Front Speakers Size: N/A
    Front Speakers Location: N/A
    Left Front Speaker Wire (+): Tan
    Left Front Speaker Wire (-): Gray
    Right Front Speaker Wire (+): Light Green
    Right Front Speaker Wire (-): Dark Green
    Rear Speakers Size: N/A
    Rear Speakers Location: N/A
    Left Rear Speaker Wire (+): Brown
    Left Rear Speaker Wire (-): Yellow
    Right Rear Speaker Wire (+): Dark Blue
    Right Rear Speaker Wire (-): Light Blue

GOOGLE is great ,it took me under two minutes, depending on your options the speaker wiring may be different but everything will be the same (constant, switched, ground). i just googled "02 silverado stereo wiring" if youneed more just use a few different variations of what I typed in google. Any repair manual will have a full diagram as well.
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2009