1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

02 Silverado p0443 code need troubleshooting help

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by kenwindsurf1, Aug 18, 2008.

1. kenwindsurf1

kenwindsurf1 New Member

I'm getting a p0443 code on my 2002 Silverado and would like some help in how to troubleshoot this problem. I think my code reader refers to a purge solenoid circuit problem. I know you can buy services (or cd's) that will give a troubleshooting tree for particular codes. I'd appreciate it if someone could look this up and let me know the steps to take (i.e. which components need to be checked). The odd thing is I replaced the gas cap, cleared the code, and the check engine light went out. The car passed California smog but has now come back on. The gas cap should not have solved the problem but somehow seemed to help for a small period of time.

If I know what state the particular sensors are supposed to be in, and when in the cycle I can maybe figure what is wrong. Also a general explanation of how the system works, what the computer checks would be great too.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  2. hutch_pt

hutch_pt Rockstar 100 Posts

I am not sure of what your code is, but you can do two things to find some info, either google it (GM DTC p0443), or call autozone. They have the manuals that can give you an idea of what the code is, and what may need fixed/replaced...