1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

02 Sonoma Idle issues

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by BLOWOUT, Mar 10, 2013.

1. BLOWOUT

BLOWOUT New Member

Hello all ,
    I have a 2002 GMC Sonoma 4.3l 4x4 crew cab. I have had a world of trouble with this thing. I have recently replaced the motor with a used motor i bought from a fella. The motor ran just fine in the truck it came out of it was wrecked and had a bad tranny. So i put this motor in my truck ang got it all buttoned up minus the exhaust and i fired it up just to see if all the hard work payed off and it ran fine. Well i hooked the exhaust up and the truck wont idle , it will run rough for a few seconds then dies out. so i was thinking hmm maybe the cat is clogged , so i cut it out and replaced it woth a maganaflow cat i got at advance auto. hooked it all back up and same thing running like crap with the exhaust hooked up, so i unhooked it again and it ran fine. Im stumped i cant think of anything that could be causing this issue. Im in the navy and getting ready to deploy so i need to get this thing running so i can take it to a storage unit. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!