1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

02' Z71 - 6' susp lift w 3' body ..or 9' susp lift??

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Z71_usmc_rebel, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Z71_usmc_rebel

Z71_usmc_rebel New Member ROTM Winner

I am currently in the process of lifting my 02 Z71 and am looking for some advice on how to go about it. I know that a 6 susp and 3 in body would be cheaper than a 9 susp lift. but are there any draw backs to one over the other? and if so does anyone have any pics of there set up? Also im looking at just a 6 susp..but has anyone been able to fit anything wider than a 35X12.50 with a 6 lift?
  2. sheep

sheep New Member

buddy of mine has 37x13.50r24s on his truck, i think his is bigger then 6 inches tho and he went full out, he works at a place called elite customs and so he has top of the line in everything since all he has to do is throw it on
  3. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 New Member 1000 Posts

I'm not huge fan of body lifts but have you thought about gears? You will should to upgrade to at least 4.56 gears to run 35's. I think if you get some wheels with a decent backspacing you could probably run larger than 35's with a 6 inch lift. just my .02
  4. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

i would just go for the the 6" susp and 3" body. a 9" IFS lift is going to be hell on your front end and you will be replacing parts left and right. and with that you should be able to fit 37's and depending on your wheels you can prob fit up to 15" wide tires but may have to cut a little
  5. Z71_usmc_rebel

Z71_usmc_rebel New Member ROTM Winner

Thanks for all the help guys that will definatly be food for thought when i purchase the lift!

Does anyone have a favorite when it comes to the 6" lifts? Is there any lifts out there that i should NOT purchase?
  6. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

most of the big companys (skyjacker, rancho, rough country, tuff country, superlift, fabtech, pro comp) make pretty solid lifts for your truck. some are more expensive than others, but they are a better quality lift than others. however, the rough country lifts are cheap and are pretty solid but come with crappy shocks. all the others are pretty even but some kits like skyjacker come without shocks which is gonna cost you even more. however, in any kit i think the best shock deal out there are the skyjacker shocks. ive used them on two jeeps and they are great. its all preference and how much you want to spend