02 z71 Burb needs new tunez

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by joshuaT, Sep 24, 2012.

1. joshuaT

joshuaT Member

So my wife isn't too happy with the crappy stereo and speakers the previous owners installed. I guess they are blown. I'll be looking for a nav system and to fix my dvd system too. What have you guys used?
    I'll be doing subs also so I'm looking for a complete replacement of all speakers. Should I just put a sub in where the stock one is or just do a normal box? She likes the 12's in my blazer and wants the burb to rock.

2. Kady

Kady Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

It all depends on what you're planning to run as far as subs/amps/speakers/caps... There's an endless amount of possibilities, and different products that are good depending on what direct you want to go in.

3. joshuaT

joshuaT Member

Can you use the factory wiring for a large amp since there's already an "amp" for the sub? I'm about to go out and try to open it up and take a look. Any help on where to start digging in the back?

My cuz gave me this site but I don't understand it. http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/appguide/2002/Chevrolet/Suburban.html

Also how do you get to the rear sub? Do I have to remove that entire driver side panel in the rear?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  4. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I wouldn't use it. Reusing wire is asking for a problem later. My .02...

5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

There are so many Opt's for you in such a Large truck.. What are you /she looking for?

6. joshuaT

joshuaT Member

She's use to my 12's in the little Blazer so it'll have to be 2 12's or maybe some 15's. I don't want to take up too much space so I can still have tons of room for gear and hunting game.

7. zigger215

zigger215 Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Why not 2 10s in a slot ported box? Same low loud feel as 12s but it will take up less space.