02 z71 Burb needs new tunez

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by joshuaT, Sep 24, 2012.

1. joshuaT

joshuaT Member

So my wife isn't too happy with the crappy stereo and speakers the previous owners installed. I guess they are blown. I'll be looking for a nav system and to fix my dvd system too. What have you guys used?
    I'll be doing subs also so I'm looking for a complete replacement of all speakers. Should I just put a sub in where the stock one is or just do a normal box? She likes the 12's in my blazer and wants the burb to rock.
  2. Kady

Kady Epic Member 5+ Years GMTC Chick 100 Posts

It all depends on what you're planning to run as far as subs/amps/speakers/caps... There's an endless amount of possibilities, and different products that are good depending on what direct you want to go in.
  3. joshuaT

joshuaT Member

Can you use the factory wiring for a large amp since there's already an "amp" for the sub? I'm about to go out and try to open it up and take a look. Any help on where to start digging in the back?

My cuz gave me this site but I don't understand it. http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/appguide/2002/Chevrolet/Suburban.html

Also how do you get to the rear sub? Do I have to remove that entire driver side panel in the rear?
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  4. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I wouldn't use it. Reusing wire is asking for a problem later. My .02...
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Loving the Outdoors Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

There are so many Opt's for you in such a Large truck.. What are you /she looking for?
  6. joshuaT

joshuaT Member

She's use to my 12's in the little Blazer so it'll have to be 2 12's or maybe some 15's. I don't want to take up too much space so I can still have tons of room for gear and hunting game.
  7. zigger215

zigger215 Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Why not 2 10s in a slot ported box? Same low loud feel as 12s but it will take up less space.