Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

03 1500 - Bad Blower Motor or Electrical

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by jsims813, Mar 15, 2013.

1. jsims813

jsims813 New Member

Hi Guys,

Hoping someone can help me out. Have an 03 Suburban 1500. The rear ac/heat controls do not work at all. When turning them you can hear a click in the back. I removed the rear panel to access the blower motor and resistor. The clicking was coming from the resistor, so I purchases a new one at AZ for almost 100. Put it in and things blew great, for a minute. Then it was back out and back to the clicking sound from the resistor. Could the blower be bad and drawing too much, therefor blowing the resistor? Bad resistor out of the box? Other electrical problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

2. geo1

geo1 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

havent heard of a bad blower motor taking out a resister,try the old swat with hammer on blower motor case,most often it is a bad spot,shocking it will confirm,otherwise take off connect and check for power

3. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

How was the resistor wired? Sometimes they have a connector and they are plugged into the wiring, others require splicing into the wiring.

If you have one with the connector, sometimes the new connector is plugged into a burnt old connector. Check the condition of the old connector that the new resistor connector is plugged into, if burnt, you will need a connector replacement kit.