1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

03 Astro Front Wheel Bearing

Discussion in 'Chevy Uplander & GM Minivan Forum' started by bgbird, Oct 14, 2009.

1. bgbird

bgbird New Member

Just had a front wheel bearing assembly replaced and it was expensive ($525). How hard is the to do on the driveway? Is it as simple as removing the caliper assemble, removing the large bolt holding on the front wheel hub - pulling off the old and reassembling in reverse order - or is there more to the job?
  2. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Sounds like you got all the steps right. Sure sounds like a lot for replacing a wheel bearing!
  3. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts

That's pretty much it. Just curious is this an AWD astro or real wheel drive?
    The process is still the same, I'm just being nosy.
  4. bgbird

bgbird New Member

Details are as follows:
    2003 Astro - 101500 It is an AWD. Knock wood so far, only thing that Ive had done was a right lower ball joint, left front wheel bearing, 3 sets of tires (1 set the result of road hazard), and i"m on the second set of brakes now - so the vehicle has been relatively dependable.

I will post with the breakdown of the bill when I get home tonight...