03 Audio System

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by HawaiiKid, Feb 6, 2010.

1. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid New Member

Here is what I'm running in my 03 Silverado extended cab:

Headunit: Alpine CDE-102 with aux, USB, and iPod inputs
    Speaker Amp: Alpine powerpack (45 watts x 4 rms)
    Front Doors: 6.5i n Alpine Type-S's
    Backdoors: 4x6 in Alpine Type-S's
    Subwoofer Amp: Alpine M500 (500 watts rms), and the subs hit real hard
    Subwoofers: 2 10 inch Rockford Fosgate P1S4's, 200W rms each I believe
    Sub box: custom box from subthump.com made for the 03 extended cab, fits under rear seat without any mods, has a built in amp shelf, and still have .7 cubic ft of airspace for each 10

Got everything installed today, added a custom dash switch for the remote amp on/off . Turned it up loud today, and the headlights dim a LOT, so I am going to go pick up a Rockford Fosgate capacitor tomorrow probably. Anyone else out there with systems in their 03s?
  2. 4.8chevysilverado07

4.8chevysilverado07 New Member

HOw does she sound
  3. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

I own a stereo shop, take my advise, save your money from the cap. Use the money and buy youself a better alternator. That is the single largest and best improvement you will do. It will also improve your entire truck, not just the stereo. But hey, it's your money. :)
  4. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid New Member

Sounds great, put the capacitor in last night, helps a lot with dimming but does not fix it...prob need a better battery. Bass hits hard, speakers sounds really good being pushed by the alpine power pack...they really make the highs sound crisp and clear. The Alpine amp is a great addition...if I had more money I would have bought higher rms subs, but the rockford fosgates sound good (what 22 year old doesn't want more "boom" though haha). Over all I am really happy with the package. Now I just need to go through and fix one of 2 rattles (one bad one right at the bottom/middle of the back window). I'll get some pictures up and put them up soon!
  5. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid New Member

Too late, bought the cap yesterday :( Oh well, it would have helped more I'm sure, but this does a ok job.
  6. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid New Member

Here are some pictures of the truck and my new set up:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2010