Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

03 burb new muffler and cel

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by mtnbound, Feb 8, 2011.

1. mtnbound

mtnbound New Member

I just put a flowmaster 50 on my 03 burb 1500 5.3 and on the way home the cel or ses light came on. What would cause this??

thanks,
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Did you check the codes?
  3. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

X2 on STB post on checking the codes. If you don't know how, then I would check & see if they ripped, wrecked, or ruint your 02 sensor when they installed the muffler.
  4. mtnbound

mtnbound New Member

it got worse, I had a problem with it idleing rough. I thought I had that under control but appearently not. This morning on the way to work I stopped to get a coffee and while waiting it started the random misfire crap again. Im done throwing parts at it so I dropped it off at the stealership and they will do a full diognostic on it in the morning. I think it was just a coincident that it came up at the time of the muffler.

I will post up the problem and fix