1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

03 Crew cab rear seat.

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by castor, Oct 3, 2011.

1. castor

castor New Member

Hey I was wondering the other day if a 03 Crew Cab rear seat will fit in an extended cab?? I want one because the seat back will fold down, and I want to mount my amps on the rear cab wall.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Tim
  2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Nope. it will be up against the front seat and that is with the seats moved forward.
  3. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Mike is right on this one. The seat cushion is longer than the extended cab seat, so there wouldn't be any room left for people, and the seat is designed so that when the cushion folds forward, it uses the full space of the crew cab. You wouldn't have enough room for the back to fold flat. And the brackets are different anyway so you would have to do some fabrication. Overall, it just wouldn't be worth it.

I believe there are storage boxes available to fit under the seat of an extended cab that have a top that folds open to give you a flat floor though. Might be something to look into.
  4. castor

castor New Member

alright guys thanks for the answers. I got to thinking about it the other day and I was afraid it wouldnt but i wouldnt to be sure.

Tim