Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

03' driver door handle "play"

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by SoundZman, Dec 4, 2011.

1. SoundZman

SoundZman Rockstar 100 Posts

The other day I noticed about 3/4" of slack in the driver door handle pull (exterior) before it hits the latch. I'm probably going to pull the panel off tomorrow but I was just wondering if anyone has ran into this? I just want to get this taken care of before it becomes a problem and doesn't open one day...

From what I've been seeing online, the only thing I can do is replace that handle assembly, which looks to be no big deal except I will need to paint it to color match as all my handles are painted.

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I have seen that before, but never thought to try to fix it. My guess is there might be a way to tighten up the slack on the cable that opens up the doorlock mech. ???

3. SoundZman

SoundZman Rockstar 100 Posts

Well that would be the best option & the cheapest. Although, $25 for the handle and about $60 paint products from Paintscratch.com isn't too bad either. But I like free...we'll see tomorrow.