1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

03 Quadra Steer "Service 4 Wheel Steer"

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by meash20, Dec 22, 2009.

1. meash20

meash20 New Member

Over the weekend the "Service 4 Wheel Steer" came on the instrument panel. I don't have a check engine light on but I presume it *may* throw a code?

Anyone know the common causes for this? What are the steps I should take here...

thanks,
    -matt-
  2. JOEDSUMPTER

JOEDSUMPTER New Member

I'm in the same boat...

My 03 Sierra Quadra has the "Service 4 Wheel Steer" come up on the instrument panel and it's locked in 2 wheel steer.
    I'm soooo bummed, I love my "JoeBerben" and really need it fixed. I don't know anyone qualifed to do the work.
    I live in Rancho Cucamonga, San Bernardino, CA.

All the best,

Joe

3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

unfortunitly thats not something many of us (almost all of us i think) have played with, ive only seen one truck ever in person with it, and have never driven one.

dealer or a good trusted mechanic would be all i could recomend.

Alex
  4. meash20

meash20 New Member

I ended up doing it myself, I was able to get a deal on the QS-motor from the dealer... Was really simple to replace, if I recall it was something like 8 little bolts and 2 electric housing clips. Been doing fine since!

- - - Updated - - -

Occasionally the light will come on, and then go back off. Generally this happens if you grab the steering wheel at startup.. I believe it throws off the calibration at startup... As I'm closing in on 200k miles... I've asked a friend who deals in trucks to keep his eyes out... Man I love this QS, too bad GM ruined the marketing of it...