03 Quadra Steer "Service 4 Wheel Steer"

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by meash20, Dec 22, 2009.

1. meash20

meash20 Rockstar

Over the weekend the "Service 4 Wheel Steer" came on the instrument panel. I don't have a check engine light on but I presume it *may* throw a code?

Anyone know the common causes for this? What are the steps I should take here...

thanks,
    -matt-

2. JOEDSUMPTER

JOEDSUMPTER New Member

I'm in the same boat...

My 03 Sierra Quadra has the "Service 4 Wheel Steer" come up on the instrument panel and it's locked in 2 wheel steer.
    I'm soooo bummed, I love my "JoeBerben" and really need it fixed. I don't know anyone qualifed to do the work.
    I live in Rancho Cucamonga, San Bernardino, CA.

All the best,

Joe

3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

unfortunitly thats not something many of us (almost all of us i think) have played with, ive only seen one truck ever in person with it, and have never driven one.

dealer or a good trusted mechanic would be all i could recomend.

Alex

4. meash20

meash20 Rockstar

I ended up doing it myself, I was able to get a deal on the QS-motor from the dealer... Was really simple to replace, if I recall it was something like 8 little bolts and 2 electric housing clips. Been doing fine since!

- - - Updated - - -

Occasionally the light will come on, and then go back off. Generally this happens if you grab the steering wheel at startup.. I believe it throws off the calibration at startup... As I'm closing in on 200k miles... I've asked a friend who deals in trucks to keep his eyes out... Man I love this QS, too bad GM ruined the marketing of it...