1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

03 silverado (2wd)

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by tj_merrett, May 29, 2007.

1. tj_merrett

tj_merrett New Member

what is the largest tires with out a lift that has been put on? im wanting to basically do that but i dont want to mess with all the tire rub.. i was looking at 285/75/16... would that work.. maybe with minimal rub?

and if you have done something like this.. what did you have to cut out..
  2. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts

I have an 06 and the largest the tire shop would go was 265 75R 16. My buddy with an 05 went with the 285's and he only had to trim the front 'spoiler'. You really don't notice the customizing and the 285's look good. Check with your tire shop. They do this stuff everyday and know what fits and what doesn't.
  3. tj_merrett

tj_merrett New Member

alright thanks.. yeh the tire shop i asked them the other day and they said yeh we can put up to 305's and i was like how in the hell.. but idk.. i aint going that big..
  4. Cableguy

Cableguy Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thats bordering on steam roller...LOL
  5. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 New Member 1000 Posts

I have a 99 2 wheel sierra 2500 its the older body style but I have 265 75 r16 cooper's on it and when I crank the wheel all the way over they rub, if that helps:neutral: