1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

03 Silverado voltage guage

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by nbturbo, Feb 7, 2011.

1. nbturbo

nbturbo New Member

The other day my gauge was showing 19 volts so I checked it at the battery with my volt meter and it was putting out 13.5 or so volts, i.e., normal. The next day the needle on my gauge was all the way to the bottom, clockwise, and fluctuated a bit at that location. It seems like the needle has over-rotated. When I shut the key off it goes back counterclockwise a bit. Comments? Can I replace?
    thanks

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The Problem is most likely with the Stepper Motor for the Volt Gauge is Going Out/Bad........and needs to be Replaced with a New Stepper Motor........it is a Common Problem on the 2003" to 2005" Trucks/SUV's Dash cluster's.

3. nbturbo

nbturbo New Member

Thanks very much; Is there a DIY for this anywhere?

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Never mind, I found your diy 99 heartbeat; thanks for this.
    d

4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I Assume you found the Thread on Replacing the Stepper Motor's.....:glasses:

5. nbturbo

nbturbo New Member

Yes I did, thank you heartbeat
    d