1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

03 suburban k1500

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by beard, Mar 1, 2009.

1. beard

beard New Member

Just bought a truck from a dealer had a vibration at high speeds. Went back and narrowed it down to a weight missing from the middle of driveshaft. Replaced with used driveshaft and vibration was gone.
    Now it is leaking where the driveshaft goes into the transfercase. If you push up on the driveshaft as if to check the universal joint i hear a clumcking in transfercase. Could it be seal and bearing are shot or could there be more damage in transfercase due to virbation from bad driveshaft?
  2. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i would slap a new seal in it clean the drive shaft end and hope for the best.
    there is always a possibility that it could have done something internally to the T-case
  3. beard

beard New Member

drive shaft seal

put new seal in so far no leaks.keeping my fingers crossed. thanks 4 the advice z71 guy