Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

03 to 06 Grille?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by zachh1020, Feb 8, 2009.

1. zachh1020

zachh1020 Rockstar 100 Posts

I have a 2003 Silverado. I like the look of the front end of the 2006 Silverado. Is a 2006 Silverado Grille interchangeable with a 2003? From pictures it looks like it could be, but Im not really sure.

Thanks for the help.
    Z

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Yours is like my '04, but I don't know if the '06 will work. The hood was "raised" in '06, I think, buy I don't know if it changed the grill.

3. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It is interchangeable as it was the same platform. I saw a thread that highlighted some of the differences... don't remember where though. The differences in the grille area result in the hoods not being the same. So it is possible, and depending on whether or not you would need new fenders (don't think you would) should be fairly easy. You would need a new grille assembly, and possibly headlight brackets?, and a hood. The mounting should all be similar, and shouldn't take more than a day as long as its all painted and ready to go. hope this helps and keep us posted:great:

**EDIT** I found the thread... the pictures show the differences. click here

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009