1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

04 sierra reg cab sound system suggestions

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by pontiacGTP123, Jul 15, 2009.

1. pontiacGTP123

pontiacGTP123 Rockstar 100 Posts

Im wanting to put a system in my reg cab sierra, I really don't know what would be best to get, I already have a aftermarket CD player so all I need is amp and speakers. What are some suggetions on what to get. I dont want anything to extreme just something that sounds good.

2. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

infinity speakers 6.5 for the doors, and 4x6 for the rear piller, you might want a sub, depending on how you like your music

3. pontiacGTP123

pontiacGTP123 Rockstar 100 Posts

thanks going to try to find some infinity speakers then, my uncle has them in his dodge and they sound awesome.

4. Tdaz250

Tdaz250 Rockstar 100 Posts

I can second the infinity's. Got em in all my doors. Kappas have really clear sound. :great:

5. MeanGreenMachine

MeanGreenMachine Rockstar

I have the Kappa's as well in all the doors, and I love them. The sound is awesome. I also have Infinity subs under the seats. They also sound great. I don't have a "boomin" system, but it can be loud and it's very clear.

6. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

inifinity has good sound quality......as for subs, go with the ones you like

i have 2 12 cvrs off a 1100 amp and im satisfied.

7. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Dont waste your money on 4x6. Get a set of 5 1/4 for the rear pillar. All may need a thin piece of plywood or balsa wood like a 1/4" thick and make a plate adapter with a jigsaw. Or just dont put any back there and invest the extra money in a good set of components for the front. I have no faith in infinity for longevity, I have burned through a couple pair way too quick for the price. 4x6 just arent that great of speaker, just like 4x10s. I have a set of 6" in y 4x10 holes in my suburban so I know that 5 1/4 will fit back there