1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

04 Silverado 12v Supply

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by Ihwood, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Ihwood

Ihwood New Member

I Got the the 8 speaker wires, ground and constant power and the little orange data wire that runs into a axxess aswc unit for steering wheel controls wired. But were do I run the red 12v ignition wire to. Can I buy a one of those 10 amp add a curcuit taps to a run in the fuse then to the radio on the drivers side inside the dash and if I can witch one will work. Thanks in advance as this is the only thing keeping my from enjoying my tunes man.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Is this for the Radio? What are you powering?
  3. Ihwood

Ihwood New Member

Its for a radio i know i can get the pac harness for 170 but im 80$ deep in harness and past the return dates everything wired up besides the 12v ignition wire were should i tap in to get the power
  4. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

the ignition wire is to go to the power circuit that has power when the ignition switch is in the on position. the device your installing should indicate what sized fuse to use. I would tap off the interior fuse block at the point where you have voltage only when ignition is ON!
  5. Ihwood

Ihwood New Member

So if i get a add a curcuit i could run it off one of the fuses in the interior fuse block there then to the radio someone else told me the brown wire off the ignition would work with a t-tap and a inline 5 amp fuse.