1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

04 Silverado Drip or Click (Weird Noise)

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by OneWheelWonder, Jan 22, 2011.

1. OneWheelWonder

OneWheelWonder Rockstar

04 Silverado
    4wd (floor Shifter)
    92000mi
    5.3L Base Model

Ive got an annoying sound coming from the dash area (I think). Im not really sure how to describe it. Ive got a wierd noise and dont really know what it is. It almost sounds like a drop of water into a bucket or a click of some type. Not really sure the best way to describe it but im hoping this hepls. It only happens when the key is on. Doesnt matter if the truck is running or not. I removed the radio fuse just to eliminate that.
    It sound like it is sort of behind the glove box but im still not certain as to where.

If anyone is experiencing the same issue and may point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks
  2. OneWheelWonder

OneWheelWonder Rockstar

I'm not really sure it's a patter but it almost sound like a harddrive on your home computer clicking when ur saving data.... It's freakin cold and snowing today so I'm hoping to mess with it next weekend. I'll keep everyone posted