1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

04 Silverado radio install question

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Blazerado, May 6, 2009.

1. Blazerado

Blazerado New Member

Can anyone point me in the right direction of where online to get the harness i need to get to hook up an aftermarket radio in my 04 and still keep the 15 minute delay after shut off
  2. MeanGreenMachine

MeanGreenMachine New Member

When I did the aftermarket install on my '04, all I needed was the Metra's VT-GMRC-01. This was required to keep the door chimes, and have a switched 12 volt power supply. (according to Crutchfield).
    This may be what you need. I still have the delay after turning off the car, as long as I don't open the doors.
  3. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

Crutchfield.com!!
  4. psu7104

psu7104 New Member

when I did mine I just bought the harness from walmart, that being said I got it soon after it came out and it was a bit more expensive, I could have just got a cheep one but I didn't want to loose the warning sounds.
  5. zubbiez

zubbiez New Member

walley world

I got a harness from walmart for around fifteen bucks. the time delay and door chimes work fine.cant imagine that it is any different from cructhfields. you just wont have to pay for shipping and you can have it today
  6. ZSI52

ZSI52 New Member

I bought one yesterday from crutchfield.com it allows me to keep my onstar, the 15 minute delay, and all the warnings and door chimes. It was 89.99 in there outlet section.